Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am going again.

Life has been crazy. I am heading to middle school camp tomorrow and I am pumped. I am trying to save my energy because I know I am going to be using a lot of it this week :)

I spent the weekend with my mom this weekend in Highlands, NC and it was so great! I got to relax, shop for furniture for my new place, visit the Godfrey lake house, and spend some good time with my mom. What a great weekend and a great way to spend the 4th of July.

Something new and EXCITING: I am bought a time home and I am so excited about it! It was a foreclosure, so I got a killer deal. It is beautiful and perfect for me. I am excited to move in (especially since I get to live with Ashley and Sara)... I am praying our place is a place where people feel welcomed and loved. I want our home to be a place where godly community happens. Here is a picture. May the Lord invade this place.
I got home from Western Tour a week early due to the swine flu. The camp had several swine flu cases, so we did not feel comfortable putting 100 kids into a dangerous situation. Of course, we were bummed out because Frontier Ranch is amazing, but I saw first hand that the Lord is not confined to a camp. He worked on Western Tour without us even being at camp. We limit Him so much to just working during that one week during the summer, but He is much bigger than that. The Lord wants the hearts of our kids and He will work anytime to get them, with or without a Young Life Camp. Did I miss Frontier this summer? Yes. Did I miss seeing the Lord work? Absolutely not. He changed hearts and I witnessed it.