Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BiG

I have lived BIG. 

And I like living that way. I like being involved in the BIG stuff the Lord is doing.  I like feeling like a BIG fish in a BIG pond.  I thrive in the BIG moments in life or at least I used to...

I have found lately that I get overwhelmed when I think BIG scale. Moving to a new city is overwhelming. Finding community and meeting new people is overwhelming. Meeting 100's of kids is overwhelming. Being responsible to bring Wyldlife to 6 middle schools is overwhelming. 

Simply, transition is overwhelming me, but I am reminded of a parable in Luke (Luke 16:1-13) and the words of the Lord, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

All Jesus has asked me to do today is to be faithful in the SMALL things.  

I have to remind myself that I am called to pay attention to the small stuff, so that when the BIG stuff comes around one day, I can be faithful in that, too.