Friday, April 8, 2011

He does exist.

One of my best friends, Ivy, got married in Texas this past December.  She is a precious friend of mine, and we have been through the good and the bad together.  She has been with me and my mom at MD Anderson Cancer Hospital this fall (http://theladyinthestreet.blogspot.com), and I have been with her when her mom passed away from cancer three years ago.  When you spend time with Ivy, you leave feeling refreshed.  She loves to ask questions and is one of the best listeners I know.  She is wise beyond her years, and one of the wisest choices she ever made was to marry an amazing man by the name Drew Lassiter.  

Here is an amazing story (told by Ivy herself) from her wedding.  She might not have had her mom "physically" present with her on her big day, but what the Lord orchestrated for her was so beautiful...


"See this picture below. Do you see what I see?


Well, I didn't during the ceremony. When Drew and I were looking at the photographer's pictures Drew saw this picture and said, "My mom is going to love that since it says Mom." It still didn't hit me then.

This week I read the book "Heaven is for Real", which is unreal. It's about this 3 year old boy that went to heaven. You just need to read it. He talks about how he could see what was going on on earth and so many other amazing things.

Well, right when I finished the book I got an email from my cousin with the same picture. She said "Do y'all see what I see?" 

And it hit me! My mom and Jesus arranged that! Yall, I had been praying so much that my Mom would see my wedding and that I would have a sign that she was there. She was!!!  It's kind of makes me laugh thinking about my mom trying to get me to realize that she was there."


All I can say after seeing these pictures and seeing the word "Mom" displayed so clearly in the background (made up of four Christmas trees and a wreath) is that the Lord indeed exists and that He is good.