Thursday, April 7, 2011

This time last year?

This time last year...
  • A cute boy named Forrest moved down the street from me and joined my Wyldlife team.   I enjoyed getting to know him better.
  • I lived in an apartment.
  • I was just starting to feel comfortable with my job with Younglife.  Whitefield Younglife, Whitefield Wyldlife, and Pace Wyldlife was going well, and I was nervous thinking about taking on the task of running an additional fourth club, Pace Younglife. 
  • My mom was cancer free.


Now...
  • I am moving to Tampa, Florida in 28 days to be with Forrest. In a year, he went from living down the street from me, to living 2 hours away in Birmingham, and now to living 7 hours away in Florida. He has bought a house built in the 1920s that is filled with character and charm located in St. Petersburg's Old Northeast area.  I love him more and more every day I am with him.
  • I live in an amazing house with two girls.  We have been blessed beyond belief to live in a newly renovated spacious house.
  • Younglife has been unbelievable this year.  I am still surprised at all of the kids the Lord sent our way at Pace and Whitefield.  Club has been fun, kids have grown in their faith, and my leaders are encouraged seeing all that the Lord has done.
  • I have been offered a Younglife position in South Tampa to do Wyldlife.  The committee and staff have welcomed me with open arms, and I am excited about the kids I will get the privilege of spending time with.
  • My mom has been through months of surgery and radiation in Houston, Texas.  She is recovering and doing well.


I am overwhelmed thinking about how much the Lord has done in a year. The verse in Isaiah is on my heart today, "See, I am doing a new thing! I am making a way in the wilderness... because I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise." He has provided, and I am filled with joy.